Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books to Read Before You Go


Once I start planning a trip I just want to leave right away. It's so hard for me to be patient! I am working on enjoying the wait but it is so difficult that I need some help. One thing that helps me is reading novels set in the country/city/region or written by authors from where I'll be travelling. I think the former is best. I love to see the destination through a different perspective other than all the photography I see online or in travel guides. Photographs can tell stories but, in my opinion, they can't even come close to a novel. 

It can be so hard to find a good novel about a destination. I have searched the web many times trying to find something worth while and insightful, only to be disheartened from many unfruitful searches. 

Planning a trip? Wish you could plan a trip? Either way, you can still be transported there by a book.
GO READ! :)




photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment