Monday, August 8, 2011

The Hong Kong Flower Market



We had an amazing time in Hong Kong for our summer vacation--I didn't want to leave! The city is a remarkable metropolis filled with just about everything you could ever hope for. I saw a sign that dubbed it "Asia's International City" and I could not agree more. There are all types of people, food, and events in Hong Kong. We ate some of the most delicious food I've ever had in Asia and met some really fun expats to go partying with. We explored many street markets, ally ways, parks, and tourist attractions. My favorite market was the flower market. It was a beautiful array of fresh flowers, plants, bonsai, and even some silk flowers. I was warned that some vendors won't let you take pictures of their goods but I was only told to not take photos once.

Tell me, dear readers, have you ever been to the Hong Kong flower market? Or any flower market? What was your experience like? I would love to know.   

p.s. click the links to see more pictures on our Flickr! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment