Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yanko Design

I've been looking for design publications recently, either on the web or in print, and I stumbled upon Yanko Design. I especially love their tagline, "Form Beyond Function" and it suits them well. Yanko Design is an online magazine filled to the brim with innovative and beautiful things. From their website:
"Yanko Design is a web magazine dedicated to introducing the best modern international design, covering from industrial design, concepts, technology, interior design, architecture, exhibition and fashion. It’s about the cutting edge and the classic, the new and the rediscovered. It’s all about the best."
Here are a few of my favorite things I've found on Yanko.

Tea-time

You fill one half with tea leaves and water, set the steep time, and turn it over. After the allotted time runs out the water pours into the bottom half like an hourglass. Always a perfect cup! I love that you can see the tea through the glass too. It would be really pretty with rose or jasmine tea. See more photos here.


Eaux Eaux

Inspired by a wave in the sea, these beautiful sinks are striking! I would love to see these paired with this scalloped tile (I call it mermaid tile!) and warm, soft textures. Wouldn't that be divine? See more pictures of Eaux Eaux here.


Rose Lamp

I've always loved the intricate and elegant details of Victorian ceiling ornaments, so it's no wonder that I love this Rose Lamp! I really like that the rod holding up the bulb isn't perfectly straight, as well. It really gives it that upside-down look and adds loads of character. The only thing that I don't like about it, is that naked light bulb. I would either add a shade or paint the bulb so it's not poking you in the eye all the time! See more pictures here.


What do you think, my lovelies? Do you enjoy innovative housewares? Or are you a more classic consumer? I'd love to hear from you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment