Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Flower - California Poppy


This week's Friday flower is the California poppy! I've been seeing these babies everywhere lately: on the side of the road, in my yard, in everyone's gardens on my way to work, at my mom's house, on the side of the freeway....you get the point. There is a reason why this is the state flower of California! :)

I really love the bright pops of color they give off. It's especially nice at this time because not a lot of flowers have really started blooming yet. This is still the early stages of Spring here in Northen California. All the blossoms on the trees have faded away and just a few things are daring to bloom.

Luckily the poppies will last a long time if you water them. They could even last all summer if a gopher doesn't eat its roots off. 
  
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment