Friday, March 11, 2011

Bow Cupcake Topper DIY

Here is another taste of the "simple, yet elegant" line of cupcake toppers I made. Bows are so feminine and cute; I am totally in love with them! 

Below is a tutorial on how to make a bow cupcake topper. There are instructions on how to tie a bow out of ribbon. I know some of you are master-crafters and know how to do this but I wanted to include it for those who are baffled by the concept and needed some extra help. This project really is so easy that anyone could do it!

Happy crafting lovelies!

First you need two circles for the base. I used a puncher I got at the craft store.
Glue the stick on one circle.
Then add the other circle, being sure to make them even/lined up.
To tie the bow: start by holding the ribbon in your left hand (for right handed people) with the end pointing down. With your right hand, loop the ribbon around so it looks like the picture.

Hold the loop together with your thumb and forefinger and take the long end around where you're holding.
Bring it all the way around and it should look like the picture above.
Then, pull the long side of the ribbon through the loop you just made in the previous step.
Pull it through and you will have a bow! Usually, I have to work with it, pulling and adjusting, for a while before it's the way I want it to look.
Next, cut your ends so they have a cute points. You do this by folding the ribbon in half and cutting it at an angle.
Now your bow is all done and ready to go on your topper.
Glue it in the center and you're done! Now, I told you it was easy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment